Sunday, August 23, 2009

Another Day at the Ann Arbor Sunday Artisans Market - More Display Experiments

I had another great Sunday at the Ann Arbor Artisans Market. I am preparing for many cold and windy Sundays at the Market so I brushed the dust off an old display (the shelf unit with hanging necklaces) that I made and used many years ago. I thought it would be perfect for the market because it is clamped to my table, making it very windproof! So I painted it white and gave it a try today. The only drawback is that I found it to be very much in the way when I tried to interact with customers. But I can display a lot of necklaces and earrings and they catch the light very well. Here's how it looked. And here are close ups of the rest of my displays. The box lined with green with the leaf necklaces in earrings (above, right) is also an old display that I painted to match the rest of my displays. It is an old shadow/display box with a glass lid (removed in this photo because the weather was calm) that will protect the jewelry from wind and rain. The display (left) is a tray for printing press letters. I made some of the compartments larger, lined them with paper and vinyl circles to highlight the jewelry. It works well and it's easy to set up beforehand and transport to shows.

If you are in the area, come and see me at the Market. Check my website to make sure I will be there!

No comments: