Sunday, July 26, 2009

Summer Art Fairs - Part One - Royal Oak Clay, Glass, and Metal

I'm near the end of my busy summer art fair season and wanted to take the time to recap the season so far. Prior to this summer, I had done only small, usually indoor, art shows and a few outdoor shows where a tent was provided for me. This year, my first major show was Royal Oak Clay, Glass, and Metal on June 13 and 14 in Downtown Royal Oak, Michigan. It was the first time my husband and I set up the used canopy I'd purchased the year before so I felt like there was a lot to do and learn set up wise. Here is how my booth looked at this show.

This was a great show. Most of the customers commented that they regularly attended this show and I really appreciated all of the kind comments regarding my work. The promoters of this show do such a great job organizing it and volunteers regularly stopped by my booth to offer me a beverage or a bathroom break. Wonderful!

I was also very pleased to receive the award for Best of Jewelry at this show!

No comments: